If you use Firefox, be sure you’re using the latest version. Firefox version 67.0.3 patches an actively exploited zero-day vulnerability.
If your Firefox version is out of date, an attacker could lead you to visit a malicious website, which would then execute code on your computer.
To avoid falling prey to this type of security issue:
- Keep your web browser up to date
- Don’t click on links from unsolicited emails
- Make sure you recognize the signs of phishing emails
- Be careful when clicking on links from social media or other sources
To keep things simple and secure, you can ensure Firefox is set to update automatically.
- Go to Tools -> Options.
- Go to General.
- Choose “Allow Firefox to” = “Automatically install updates (recommended).”